|FeNZ would like to invite applications for the upcoming FIE Coach training course in Budapest, Hungary, expected to start on September 1st 2017. The FIE has not yet released official course details but based on previous courses it will run for 3 months with accommodation and meals covered, and 500 Euros contribution towards airfares. |
Coaching experience is required, as the course is intended to be intermediate level.
Previously the FIE has offered an additional place in the Athlete Career Programme for athletes transitioning to coaches who have competed at a high international level (e.g. Zonal and World Championships).
Please forward you application, specifying which weapon (Foil, Epee or sabre), to the FeNZ Coaching Commissioner care of the Secretary, Fencing New Zealand on email@example.com, by 20th June with the following documents attached:
- Coaching CV/Resume of qualifications, coaching positions held, and experience.
- A personal statement of no more than 2 A4 pages outlining:
- Your current contributions to coaching.
- Your coaching aspirations and how this course will help you fulfill these goals.
- What do you hope this course will allow you to achieve that would otherwise be difficult?
- How will you plan and prepare for this course?
- How else will this course contribute to your coaching skill set?
- How will this course advance your commitment to coaching in New Zealand?
- Resume of achievements as an athlete (if considering applying under the possible athlete transition scheme)
If you have previously registered interest in this upcoming course, please ensure you resubmit your application with the above documents included to maximise your chances of acceptance.
Please note, this is a pre-selection process subject to confirmation by the FIE of the number of places available. All final selection is further subject to approval by the FIE once they have received the candidate nominations from FeNZ.